The Winsemius Awards aim to identify, celebrate and motivate companies who foster collaboration and are able to influence and guide their company and/or industry for the wider benefit of the Singaporean and Dutch interests. Regardless of the size or branch of the company, all participants of the Winsemius Awards are judged purely on merit. This inclusive and diverse approach enables us to ensure that only the most deserving are acknowledged. Membership of ADB-DutchCham is not a
pre-requisite for entry.
THE AWARD CATEGORIES
- Winsemius Red Orange Award
- The Red Orange Award highlights the importance of the long standing and ongoing relationship between The Netherlands and Singapore.
- The Red Orange Award recognizes the importance of effective business relationships and collaborations within and across business disciplines to tackle challenging issues.
- The Red Orange Award wants to celebrate business collaborations which highlight what is working and what is possible when diverse companies come together to achieve a shared goal.
- The Red Orange Award recognizes a companies’ ability to create value by its collaboration for the benefit of both the Singaporean as well as the Dutch business community.
- This award can either be self-nominated by an organization, nominated by another organization or two collaborating organizations. The organization(s) that is (are) nominated must be (a) Singapore-registered business(es). The organization(s) must be either a Dutch company, have a branch in the Netherlands or have significant business ties with the Netherlands or a Dutch organization in Singapore. See qualification criteria.
- Winsemius Outstanding Business Achievement Award
- The Outstanding Business Achievement Award celebrates the success of an organization and honors its business performance, longevity, development of a new direction, business growth and/or any significant innovations with tangible results and benefiting Dutch Business in Singapore.
- The Outstanding Business Achievement Award recognizes companies for outstanding, innovative products, services, projects and programmes demonstrating the organizations leadership and resilience in these unprecedented times.
- The Outstanding Business Achievement Award also recognizes a company for its ability to achieve outstanding business results by creating an innovative breakthrough or developing a disruptive business or building back better.
- Winsemius Community Impact Award
- The Community Impact Award recognizes and honors companies’ commitment to positively impacting any of the Singaporean communities with tangible results.
- The Community Impact Award should demonstrate the company’s leadership and commitment in acting inclusive and creating a significant financial, social or environmental value for the benefit of a community.
- The Community Impact Award will honor those companies which made significant outreach efforts that serve to uplift the community, specifically by promoting strong ethical and social leadership and integrity.
WINSEMIUS AWARDS QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
To be eligible for any of the Winsemius Awards the following qualification criteria must be met by any of the participants:
- Dutch organizations entering have a (legal) entity and conduct business in Singapore
- Singaporean organizations entering have ties to the Netherlands and/or conduct business in Singapore with at least one Dutch organization.
- Driving sustainability
- Acting in an ethical manner
- Embracing inclusiveness and diversity
- Compliance with local law and
- By entering the Winsemius Awards organizations and individuals comply to the usage of their materials on social media and other means of communications via ADB-DutchCham.
Per award a jury of 4 well-informed and skilled professionals with relevant backgrounds judges the applicants and nominees in an honest, unbiased and unprejudiced manner. All jury members sign a Code of Conduct. Each jury consists of:
- 2 ADB-DutchCham (community) members
- 1 Embassy of the Netherlands professional
- 1 Singaporean professional
Applicants will have to go through a preliminary round of evaluations by the jury based on a simple application. Of all the applicants per award category 3 finalists are shortlisted and they will deliver their case to the jury.
The voting process is a combination of the jury vote and the collective ADB-DutchCham members vote.
WINSEMIUS AWARDS PROCEDURE
PHASE 1: APPLY NOW (1 – 30 March)
Enter one of the three categories by submitting your filled out entry form online via de link below. The information requested includes: name or the organization(s) entering, address, contact details, category, year of establishment in Singapore, role of the Singapore office, number of employees in Singapore, number of employees in the Netherlands, number of employees worldwide, number of branches in the world, website URL, a case title and a write-up with a minimum of 400 and a maximum of 800 words about the case including compelling argument why the case should be nominated for a Winsemius Award.
Entering in Phase 1 is without costs, but by entering, applicants commit to Phase 2 if they are shortlisted, agree to delivering of materials for Phase 2 and commit to payment of 750 SGD (which is equivalent to 2 seats at the Winsemius event). Additional seats will be available according to availability at regular prices. Should the nominee already have seats, the reserved nominee seats will not be granted and the commitment becomes void.
An expert group of jury members (4 jury members per category) will review all applicants. This is known as the end of Phase 1.
Click here for the Application Form
PHASE 2: SHORTLISTED ENTRIES (1 – 27 April)
Per category 3 entries are shortlisted and will receive the invitation to deliver their case to the jury. The invitation can contain additional questions for the nominee to provide the jury with and documents supporting the case. Nominees have 3,5 weeks to submit the second part of their entry, known as Phase 2.
The deliverables are:
- A 90 second pitch video about the case. This video will be posted online and ADB-DutchCham members will be able to vote for the video.
- An extended write up about the case and why the organization(s) should win the award.
- Other relevant documents the jury needs to make an informed decision.
PHASE 3: WINNERS REVEALED (30 April – 18 May)
An expert group of jury members (4 jury members per category) will review the video, write-up and additional documents of the shortlisted applicants to reach an informed decision on the jury vote(s).
ADB-DutchCham members are invited to vote online for the shortlisted candidates. ADB-DutchCham members can cast one vote per category via an email invitation to vote. Professional Members get 1 vote. The 4 nominees per Corporate Member get 1 vote each. The 10 nominees per Orange Member get 1 vote each. Applicants are not allowed to offer compensation to voters for casting their vote online. The online voting will continue until 2 days before the Winsemius Awards Ceremony.
At the latest one day before the Winsemius Awards Event the jury will make their final decision and deliver a written report to the Winsemius Steering Committee. At the night of the Winsemius Awards the winners will be revealed.
THE JURY MEMBERS
Red Orange Award:
Outstanding Business Award:
Community Impact Award: