The ADB-DutchCham invites applications for the position of:
Business & Committee Manager (3 days per week).
This role is a maternity cover from 1 September 2018 to 1 January 2019.
ADB-DutchCham is a membership-based organisation composed of corporate members and Dutch Professionals in Singapore. As of 1 January 2018, the Association of Dutch Business people (ADB) and Dutch Chamber of Commerce merged into ADB-DutchCham (ADC). For more information please visit https://adb-dutchcham.sg/.
In a nutshell
The Business & Committee Manager will be responsible for the seamless running of the eleven committees, and active recruitment of new ADC members. Primary responsibilities are: to support, coordinate and lead the work of the committees; to build and maintain good relationships with the committee chairs, members, and sponsors; to actively recruit new ADC and committee members; to plan for succession of committee members and chairs, and scout for potential chairs & committee members; to manage committee sponsors & suppliers; to organize committee meetings and events, report and follow up on the meetings; and to potentially supervise an intern who may be recruited to work in a supporting role. Since the team is small (4 persons / 2.5 fte) the Business & Committee Manager will be requested to provide other support where needed.
The function of Business & Committee Manager is based on 3 days per week.
General duties and responsibilities of the Business & Committee Manager
- Supports the committee chairs in their role: provides administrative support, connects needs of committee members to trends, and creates opportunities for committee members to showcase their business;
- Actively recruits new (committee) members by connecting potential members to upcoming committee events, follows up new acquaintances/potential members by sending them an email or dropping them a line;
- Represents ADC at committee meetings and events to support the chair with relevant information on ADC, and reports briefly upon committee meeting (takes minutes/creates action lists);
- Provides suggestions to the committees for (co)sponsored events;
- Leads and supports the creation of new committees;
- Ensures delivery of content (short articles and pictures) after each event to be included on our website, newsletters, magazines, and directory;
- Manages the full spectrum of making events in Mailchimp, sends out invites to members, registers registrations, communicates with hosts, posts pictures of events on LinkedIn;
- Assists in preparing and hosting ADC events (the real hands-on stuff, such as making badges, bringing along banners to the venue, welcoming members at events, etc).
What will make you a Star?
- When you initiate the creation of events by recruiting sponsors and partners, simultaneously connect them to members with a particular interest, and make these events happen;
- When you identify new needs, and convert them into a new committee, have found an active chair and interested members;
- When members enjoy to participate in the committee meetings and events, recruit new members themselves and you convince potential members to become a member after attending a committee meeting or event.
The Business & Committee Manager will directly report to the Executive Director.
Key qualifications & requirements
- BA or MA degree in business administration, public policy, hospitality, economics or related field;
- Minimum of a few years of work experience is preferred, event management would be an asset;
- Goal driven with the ability to persuade individuals to become a member;
- Excellent communication skills, including good negotiation and sales skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships with members;
- Pro-active, hands-on, mature and responsible working attitude;
- Flexibility to quickly integrate into a small team and operate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Good knowledge of Singapore and The Netherlands is an asset;
- Fluency in English and good drafting skills. Dutch is an asset;
- Social media and computer literate; IT skills for website and database management are an asset;
- Possesses a Dependants Pass, sole proprietor, or status of PR or citizenship.
Please submit your CVand cover letterto firstname.lastname@example.org 1 June 2018 (earlier applications are encouraged).
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
Please note that we will only be able to contact pre-selected candidates for interviews.