- The EU-ASEAN Business Council today launched its second business sentiment survey of European businesses in South East Asia.
- Follows on from successful initial survey in 2015 which showed a generally positive outcome for ASEAN
- Results of 2016 Survey to be published in August.
- Survey to be conducted in conjunction with the European Chambers of Commerce in South East Asia
- Survey can be found at: www.surveymonkey.com/r/euabc_survey2016
Commenting on the launch of the new survey, EU-ABC Chairman François Guibert said:
“Our initial survey last year provided much valuable information on the views and opinions of European businesses in South East Asia. Overall there was a positive outlook for the region, something that is reflected in the FDI flows from Europe to ASEAN, where Europe remains the largest source of FDI funds by some distance. We are running the survey again this year so that we can see if that sentiment remains as positive now after the formal launching of the AEC. It is important that all European businesses respond so that we can get a good view of business sentiment from them, be they large MNCs or SMEs. The survey will serve as important barometer of business feeling across the region.”
The survey will open from now until the end of May 2016. Last year’s survey can be found here.